Your Ad Here

Page Slugs


Recall when we set up the site that we used a permalink structure that uses the title of the
page or post. This can be a problem for SEO. We want our titles to appeal to humans so that
they get clicked on in the search engine results pages but we want the URL to be keywordfriendly.
Sometimes the two do not mix all that well.
One of the articles I have used it called “7 Tips on Finding a Fishing Guide”. This is a nice
title for human readers but if the keyword I am optimising for is “finding a fishing guide” then
the three words at the beginning are somewhat redundant.
I could change the title of course but we can also use a WordPress feature called the Page
Slug. Have a look over the right and drop down the Page Slug section:


The page slug is simply the URL of that page. You can see here that I typed in my own slug
which is very similar to what would have been created by default except that I dropped the
first three words.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent posts